"A subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The company's oil & natural gas production activities contribute to one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
To sustain and enhance our strategic position as a premier global company, exceptional opportunities exist for ambitious and result driven individuals to join our dynamic and self-motivated team. We are looking to recruit high calibre Staff Physician and Nurses with the highest standards of integrity, capacity for hard work, ability to build strong working relationships and to communicate across all organizational levels."
(Ref. site: http://www.exxonmobilafrica.com/Africa-English/PA/Operations/AF_OP_Nigeria_Jobs.asp)
Responsibilities will include:
- Regular out-patient consultations for our employees and their dependents
- Treatment of minor injuries in an out-patient theatre and critical analysis of all emergency scenarios
- Screening of food handlers: tracking, compiling and collating results
- Conducting and reviewing various types of medical examinations including:
- Pre-employment/Pre-piacement assessment of fitness for work - Medical surveillance of industrial hygiene related issues
- Implementation of the Occupational Health Policy and the clinical aspects of an Alcohol and Drug Use Policy.
- Coordination of health education and awareness campaigns for employees and their dependants
The successful candidate will have a strong academic record, be flexible and adaptable, effectively manage emergency situations, be eager to learn and improve clinical and professional skills, accept developmental coaching and performance evaluations graciously, be able to manage multiple competing priorities and have effective problem solving skills.
The ideal candidate profile:
- MBBS (or equivalent) from a recognized institution
- Fellowship as a specialist physician, preferably in Cardiology, Occupational Health (Diploma in Occupational Medicine, AFOM. or MFOM) or Family Practice
- Current certifications in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Three years post specialization and general professional training
- Proficiency in the use of computer software and email applications
- Effective presentation skills
- Readiness to work in any of our locations in Nigeria including trips to offshore sites
- Previous knowledge and practice of Occupational Medicine will be an added advantage
The Role: Assist the Head of Nursing Services/OH Clinic Manager with planning and execution of nursing and occupational health nursing services to employees. Run primary health care services and be readily committed to emergency response services and call duties. Responsibilities will include:
- General nursing services
- Industrial nursing services
- Nursing supervisory services
- Emergency response services
The ideal candidate profile:
- SRN plus BIS, ALS and ACLS
- Minimum 5 yrs experience
- Readiness to work in any MPN location
The following skills and attributes are required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Communication & counselling
- Initiative and emergency response
- Commitment to high standards and timeliness
- Good bedside Nursing skills and records keeping
- High integrity
- Excellent supervisory skills
These positions offer competitive compensation and benefit packages commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
If you meet the requirements listed for these positions, please place your online application at http://www.exxonmobilafrica.com/Africa-English/PA/Operations/AF_OP_Nigeria_Jobs.asp to submit your application and upload your curriculum vitae (CV).
HOW TO NAVIGATE THE WEBSITE
-Log onto http://www.exxonmobilafrica.com/Africa-English/PA/Operations/AF_OP_Nigeria_Jobs.asp
-Click in Jobs/Career
-Click on advertised job positions to view and print a PDF copy of the advertised vacancy
-Click on "Click to Apply' to type in or upload your resume and complete the application process
The advert closes 19th August 2008. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in their being disqualified.
Please note that Mobil Producing Nigeria will not take responsibility for any job vacancies placed outside its Job and Careers page on http://www.exxonmobilafrica.com/Africa-English/PA/Operations/AF_OP_Nigeria_Jobs.asp